Freemasons Deposit Scheme
The Freemason Deposit Scheme with Heartland Bank was initiated in February 2013.
Frequently asked questions
1. Who is Heartland Bank?
With roots stretching back to 1875, Heartland Bank has a proud history of supporting local businesses and communities in New Zealand. Heartland Bank is 100% New Zealand owned and operated, with its parent company Heartland Group Holdings Limited (HGH) listed on the NZX Main Board.
2. Why Heartland Bank?
Heartland Bank has a very similar ethos to Freemasons, being focused on local communities and driving prosperity in New Zealand as a whole. Heartland Bank offers competitive interest rates, efficient and personal customer service and a wide range of products and services.
3. We are not familiar with Heartland Bank, can you tell us more?
Heartland Bank was registered by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand in December 2012. While Heartland is a relatively new bank, it was formed through the merger of CBS Canterbury, MARAC Finance, Southern Cross Building Society and PGG Wrightson Finance, with roots stretching back to Ashburton in 1875.
4. What is the Freemasons Deposit Scheme?
The Freemasons Deposit Scheme is a partnership between the depositors, Freemasons NZ, and Heartland Bank. Under this scheme Heartland Bank offers deposit services to Freemasons and their families.
5. What accounts are Heartland Bank offering to Freemasons Depositors?
The Freemasons Deposit Scheme provides simple, flexible and competitive investment options. You can choose to have your money in on-call accounts or term deposits, with terms ranging from one month to five years.
6. What interest rates are Heartland Bank offering?
The rates for Heartlands’ on-call accounts are competitive, with interest calculated daily and compounded monthly. For the current interest rates click here.
7. What’s in it for Freemasonry?
Freemasonry in New Zealand will continue to benefit from the Freemasons Deposit Scheme through payments that Heartland Bank will make to Freemasons NZ, which will be used to support the development of the Craft.
8. Do these payments come from my funds or reduce the interest rate I receive on my deposit?
Payments are made to Freemasons NZ direct from Heartland Bank and does not affect your funds or interest rate in any way. The payments are tied to the total amount of funds deposited, so the larger the total of all deposits the more money is available for Freemasons NZ.
9. Will I be able to phone the Freemasons Deposit Scheme?
Yes, Heartland Bank has provided a dedicated Freemasons free phone, 0508 FREEMASONS (0508 37 33 62). This number will be answered by Heartland Bank employees and not by someone at Grand Lodge Office. Heartland Bank employees will know that you are phoning about the Freemasons Deposit Scheme when you call this number. You will also be able to use the regular Heartland Bank Investments contact number 0800 85 20 20, although in that situation Heartland Bank employees will not know you are a Freemasons customer until you provide them with your account number.
10. Other than Freemasons and Lodges, who else can open a Freemasons Deposit Scheme account?
The immediate family of Freemasons to two generations can open an account. This means wives, partners, your children and grandchildren and also your parents and grandparents. Widows of course are most welcome, as are all Masonic Trusts, Masonic building owners and any other Masonic order.
11. Will I be able to use Heartland Bank’s online banking platforms and offices?
Yes, participants in the Freemasons Deposit Scheme will be able to open accounts and conduct transactions through Heartland Bank’s online banking platforms and offices. Find out more about Heartland Bank’s online banking platforms: Heartland Digital (for banking from your computer) and the Heartland Mobile App.
12. Does Heartland Bank have offices?
Heartland has four offices across the country located as follows:
- Tauranga, open Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm
- Riccarton, Christchurch, open Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm
- Ashburton, open Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm
- Newmarket, Auckland, open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
For street locations please visit the Heartland Bank website: www.heartland.co.nz/contact
– over the phone
– contacting the Freemasons free phone: 0508 FREEMASONS (0508 37 33 62)
– contacting the Heartland Freemasons team by email (email@example.com)
– Heartland Bank offices.
14. What is the Heartland Direct Call Account?
The key features of the Heartland Direct Call Account are:
– interest calculated daily and paid monthly
– online access
– over the phone access
– no fees
– unlimited withdrawals to either your nominated account (up to $1M a day) or to any New Zealand bank account (up to $2,000 day).
15. What should I do if I have further questions?
Please contact Heartland Bank on 0508 FREEMASONS (0508 37 33 62) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: For a copy of Heartland Bank’s Disclosure Statement and Term Deposits Investment Statement (if applicable) call us on 0508 FREEMASONS (0508 37 33 62). Freemasons NZ is not a promoter of the offer of Heartland Bank deposits, and does not guarantee the obligations of Heartland Bank. Interest rates subject to change without notice.